Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

EXCLUSIVE: “Aditya Chopra saw my photos first and said 'yeh toh actor nahi ban sakta'" - says Arjun Kapoor https://ift.tt/mPEIoJU

Arjun Kapoor completed 10 years in the film industry in May 2022. The actor had debuted in Yash Raj Films' Ishaqzaade and starred alongside Parineeti Chopra. Ten years down the line and facing several ups and downs, the actor recently talked about how producer Aditya Chopra was not very convinced about him becoming a lead actor.

EXCLUSIVE: “Aditya Chopra saw my photos first and said 'yeh toh actor nahi ban sakta'" - says Arjun Kapoor

During a conversation with Bollywood Hungama, Arjun Kapoor recalled his struggling days in the film industry and how he was told he wasn't lead actor material. He also said that he didn't want to debut under Boney Kapoor production because it would have an easy road. He said, “Aditya Chopra saw my photos first and said yeh toh actor nahi ban sakta, isko hum supporting… (he can’t be an actor, we can maybe cast him as supporting…) he can’t be a main lead. He was not very impressed with my images.”

“I had met a lot of people because I have grown up in the industry, I will not lie, I had never met Adi sir,” he shared.

Arjun Kapoor said that casting director Shanoo Sharma took him under his wing and he worked on losing his weight and polished his skills for the next six months. “Adi made a reluctant decision and asked to try me on screen,” recalled Arjun. Adding further, he revealed that Aditya Chopra had seen uncut version of his audition in which he was goofing around with the casting director. Arjun revealed, “He said “acha isme kuch colour hai’ (he has other talents as well). He can do other stuff also, he is not one-dimensional and that's how I landed up for my first film.”

Meanwhile, on the work front, Arjun Kapoor will next star in Ek Villain Returns, The Ladykiller and Kuttey.

Also Read: Arjun Kapoor rings in his birthday with Malaika Arora, shares romantic photos from Paris holiday



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama

Post a Comment

0 Comments